Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happiness is a CHOICE.

I've learned a lot about myself over the past few weeks and have come to the conclusion that life is what you make it to be. If you want it to be less than what it should be, then so be it. But as for my choice, I am choosing to make the most out of what I have right now. 


The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.  ~James Openheim


People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.  Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.  ~H. Jackson Brown

Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier.  The way it actually works is the reverse.  You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.  ~Margaret Young

There are two things to aim at in life:  first, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it.  Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second.  ~Logan Pearsall Smith

"How might we have joy in our lives, despite all that we may face? Again from the scriptures: 'Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you.'" - President Thomas S. Monson

"None of us makes it through this life without problems and challenges - and sometimes tragedies and misfortunes. After all, in large part we are here to learn and grow from such events in our lives. We know that there are times when we will suffer, when we will grieve, and when we will be saddened. However, we are told, 'Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.'" - President Thomas S. Monson

I could go on and on with quotes by people that definitely have it right about happiness being a choice. I am so blessed and thankful for the people that I have in my life that have stuck by my side and continue to help me out every step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment