Monday, April 2, 2012

Let the "Lasts" Begin

Tonight we had our last FHE. Unlike most Mondays, a few of us headed over to the pool at the Pinnacle Security Center...I didn't know they had a pool, but apparently they do, which is really cool! All semester we have been trying to find a hot tub that we can go in since the hot tub at Apline is for guys only. Lucky enough for us, the hot tub at the Pinnacle Center has one that is open to anyone, so we made sure to get as much hot tub time in as we could. It was so much fun to just hang out, play some water volleyball and share some final laughs in before the semester is over. After swimming we got some pizza, which was perfect because I was so hungry at this point!

Today was my last Monday of being here in Rexburg. I washed my last load of laundry. My last weekend with my friends is over. The list of lasts goes on and will continue going on for a little while longer. I go home in 3 days. My room is completely packed minus a few things here and there that I will need by the end of the week. As excited as I am to be going home, it is kind of sad to realize that this semester really is coming to an end and goodbyes are starting to be said. The last 3 months have been a crazy, exciting, insane, and a memory filled blast! There are some people that I have gotten really close to and I am not looking forward to saying goodbye to. I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to get to know them and to have had so many crazy adventures that will not be forgotten. Some of these goodbyes will be temporary and only last until the fall semester begins in September. Others will be more long term that will last much longer. I am not the best at saying goodbye...I got that one from my grandpa...so wish me luck that I will be able to get through them. This week is just starting and I will be boarding the plane before I know it, so I am going to enjoy the last few moments of my freshman year of college. College is awesome. It is not what I thought it would be when I first rolled into this tiny little town, for so many reasons. It has been a hard year to say the least, but one that I can proudly walk away from and will never forget. I once said that I didn't want anything to do with BYU Idaho, but I am now beginning to understand why I have been put here, in Rexburg, and can't wait to see what the future has to hold.

This past week has been absolutely crazy. Things I never thought would happen have happened, which makes me curious to see what will happen next. It is so funny to look back and connect dots, only to realize why things happen the way they happen. Everything truly does happen for a reason, and although we don't always have a perfect understanding of why things happen the way they do, in the end it seems to work out and to be okay. My fingers are crossed that dots will continue to be connected and I am excited to see what happens next.

Back to studying for finals and writing my last few papers.
3 more days until summer.
3 more days until summer.
3 more days until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment