Thursday, April 5, 2012

Goodbye...Adios...Ta Ta For Now...

Well, its official...as of 10 am this morning, I am no longer a college freshman. :) Finals are done and over with. My apartment is spotless. Luggage stacked by the door. My keys are ready to turned in. Checked and ready to board the plane home tomorrow. I only have a few more hours left in Rexburg, and only a few more hours to spend with some people that I have grown to love and be very close with. I'm not looking forward to the hard goodbyes, but I know it won't be a goodbye forever. I'm so blessed to be where I am right now with so many amazing people that will never be forgotten. There are so many memories that still make me laugh to this day, and I am so excited to for the ones we will make when we all return in a few short months. I thought I would give a few shout outs to some people that have had a huge impact on this semester and all of the good times we have had.


1. To the Chileans: You all are so awesome! It is crazy to think that we have really only known you guys for a few months, especially when I think about all that we have done in that short time. Good job at all of your basketball games...even though you lost every game except for one, it was still fun cheering for you guys. Thanks for all the temple trips and bon fires. Some of my favorite memories of this semester is when we are all just hanging out together and doing whatever crazy thing we could think of. I love that ever since that first game of catch phrase we played and the bon fire we had that first weekend, we've continued getting to know you guys better and enjoying every minute of it. Sorry for the pranks you've been the victims of....hope you can laugh about it now! ;) It will be very weird not having all of you here in the fall!

2. To my Traveling Friends: So many of my favorite memories from this semester have been from the trips we have taken. It is crazy to think how much we were able to do in a few short weekends. It was so much fun meeting Mikele's family in Yakima, going to the beach and meeting the Fletcher family in California and throwing some chalk at the Festival of Colors in Utah. There are so many inside jokes that we have from these trips and so many times where I found myself not wanting to return to Rexburg when the weekend ended. I love how close we all got during the long and hot car rides, many gas station stops, and all nighters we pulled. I can't wait for the trips we take next semester!!

3. To Mikele: You are seriously one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I have loved getting to know you better this semester, and am so said that I didn't get to know you and Annie last semester! You have such a big heart and are always so wiling to lend a hand when one is needed. You finally made it through Anatomy, thats so exciting!! Good job on all that hard work, I don't know how you did it. I love that you are always up for having fun and somehow think of the funnest things to do, even if it means you are begging us to dare you to do something...promise?! :) Have a blast in Ecuador, you're going to have so much fun! I can't wait to hear all about it next semester. Love you!!
4. To Marquel: It is crazy to think that we have finally finished our second semester...finally!! It has been fun living with you this year and I can't thank you enough for all the fun times we have had. It is fun looking back through all the pictures and videos we have taken. I still think you are crazy for taking all online classes because there is no way I could have done it!! I hope you have an amazing time on your trip...still jealous by the way! Don't forget to wear that band aid on your finger and sleep with that knife by your bed! You goober! I am excited to see you in the fall and hear all about how your summer went! Thanks for being such a great roommate!!!

5. To Michelle: You are one of the most giving people I know! Thank you for all of the rides you have given me and for all the times you have offered to make me food just because you feel like making someone food! I love that you are always laughing and know how to have a good time! It has been so fun getting to know you over the last two semesters and seeing how much has changed within just a few months...crazy!!! I love that you have changed your major more times than I can count and knowing you, it will change a few more times between now and when you graduate :) Keep me posted on what happens with the hair/nail school, I think that would be so cool to do! Thanks for everything!!

6. To Annalee: My bathroom buddy. Where do I begin with you? It is crazy to think about having to say goodbye to someone that you've grown to be so close with. Thank you for all the all nighters, all the advice, for all the laughs, for the time we spent looking out our window watching people go by, lunches at the crossroads and so much more. You are so kind and have such a giving heart. I love that you are so "go get them" about everything. I am so excited to turn on the TV one day and see you on the sports channel being the sports broadcaster, you're going to do a great job! I laugh when I think about so many times we've done absolutely nothing and still had such a fun time, or even the many times I've walked into my room only to find you asleep on my bed! And yes, your language and funny sayings are catchy...but I think I have heard you snort when you laugh a few times here and there... :) Love you Manners.

It is safe to say that I have been blessed with so many great people this semester. I am one heck of a lucky girl.
*Shout out to Tad Pole!

Sophomore year...ready or not, here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment