Saturday, January 19, 2013

Recap 2012

I'm not sure if anyone looks at my blog anymore (I've been really bad about keeping this thing updated...I forgot that I had this, actually!). But I've decided I'm going to be better about using it this year!

Happy 2013!! I can't believe how fast 2012 came and went. It's crazy to think of everything that has happened in the last year. I'm so grateful for all of the experiences, fun times, bumps in the road and adventures that I've had in the last 12 months. I can say pretty confidently that I've learned a lot and wouldn't have had it any other way.

Here is a super quick recap of my last semester (Fall 2012 semester #3): I moved apartments with my previous roommate, Annie, and was lucky enough to also get to live two new roommates, Katie and Jessica. I was called to be the secretary in the Relief Society and met some pretty fun people in the ward! I took 15 credits, which normally is a pretty do-able work load, but with some really challenging classes (with lots and lots of tests), I ended up spending a lot more time focusing on my school work than I did last year...which payed off because I ended the semester with 4 A's and 2 B's!! To avoid stressing myself out and take a break from studying, I decided I would take up spinning. BYUI offers a gym and fitness classes free of charge to all of the students and faculty. My friend told me that by not taking advantage of this opportunity is like someone offering you $50 in return for nothing and you declining their offer...who wouldn't take the $50?! I went to the spinning classes in the gym 5 days a week for an hour each time. I LOVED every minute of it!!! I ended up biking a grand total of 1000 miles by the end of the semester :) I spent Thanksgiving with my Aunt Donna and Uncle Dean in Rupert, Idaho...which was so much fun!! The food was delicious and I loved getting to know them better! Plus, I got to shoot my first gun...thanks Uncle Dean!!

Semester #4 started 2 weeks ago and so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm taking mostly classes for my major (Elementary Education), which I love because I find myself looking forward to going to class and doing the homework. My teachers are all really nice...it seems like it should be a great semester of classes! My friend Josh has been trying to get me to swim on the school's swim team with him...I finally cracked and am all signed up ready to go! I'm excited because I love swimming and honestly miss it, but am nervous because it has been 2 years since I've swam competitively. We had time trials this past week and I AM SLOW!! Haha I'm hoping that with time I will get a little bit of my speed back...I'm a pretty swimmer, not a fast swimmer :) I'm excited to see what happens! My sister, Cadison, just started up her first semester and I think she is really liking it so far. It's been fun showing her the ropes! My calling for this semester is Activities Chair...which kind of makes me nervous because I'm not the most creative person so this should be interesting!! I seriously cannot believe how fast my sophomore year has gone by! It's crazy to think that in April I will be a JUNIOR in college and that I will be student teaching before I know it!!

That's pretty much it for right now...just taking life day by day and loving what comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment